How we mourned George Jones
Golden-voiced country music legend's passing Friday spurs tributes across social media
- — KGO Radio (@kgoradio)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:29:41NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — George Jones, hard-living country singer who peaked with the classic "He Stopped Loving Her Today," has died at 81
- "I'm an old fogy, but country music is almost like a religion. I love it more than just for the money -- it's tradition."
- — Country Music Lyrics (@SimplyLadySouth)Fri, Apr 26 2013 08:16:17
- Country stars and other music-industry figures paid tribute:
- — Blake Shelton (@blakeshelton)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:15:43Really REALLY bad news. We've lost a country music legend. And I've lost a hero and a friend. Goodbye George Jones...
- — Brad Paisley (@BradPaisley)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:42:34My friend,the greatest singer of all time,has passed.To those who knew him,our lives were full. To those of you who don't: discover him now.
- — Keith Urban (@KeithUrban)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:49:16If I'm blessed enough to make it there, I look forward to you giving me the grand tour. Rest in peace George Jones!!!!! -KU
- — Kix Brooks (@KixBrooks)Fri, Apr 26 2013 07:52:42Possum, angels got a serious lead singer today - God bless Nancy his loving wife - what a guy- what a voice - that was one hell of a show!
- — Jennifer Nettles (@JenniferNettles)Fri, Apr 26 2013 08:03:10I'll never forget the first time I heard the story in "He Stopped Loving Her Today". RIP George Jones. Country Legend. U will be missed.
- — Alan Jackson (@OfficialJackson)Fri, Apr 26 2013 08:05:52Heaven better get ready for George Jones. He will always be the greatest singer of real country music – there’ll never be another.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.