Reaction: @BarackObama addresses #shutdown, #DebtCeiling default
U.S. president's speech Tuesday asserts willingness to talk with Republicans, so long as Congress passes a budget reopening the federal government's doors
- Viewers watching Tuesday weighed in on the president's assessment of the shutdown, the possibility of debt ceiling default and risks to the national and international economies:
- — Ls (@pettybooshwah)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:14:45Obama, you’ve folded every single time before this game of chicken. How could you expect anything else from GOP? Past performance matters.
- — Ron Getty (@MorteAiTiranni)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:16:29Okay people listen up! Don't get Obama upset again or he'll have another hissy snit and have Park Service attack more veterans and elderly.
- — J. Eckert (@sargonas)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:18:10Great point from Obama “I would never negotiate with a world leader threatening a recession to get his way, why should I with our congress?”
- — Farida Jhabvala (@FaridaJhabvala)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:22:53Obama: America defaulting would be insane, catastrophic, chaos, nuclear bomb, say economists. Preventing this should be simple.
- — Kate Tamba Howard (@katetamba)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:25:55
- — Patrick Patel (@HotRodBlago30)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:36:08
- — Krista Silveria (@KristaSilveria)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:37:16
- — Amer Handan (@amerhandan)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:45:44
- — Spooky Streza (@SteveStreza)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:47:11I would personally love to see Obama literally roll out a big coin. Like, a comically large coin with John Boehner’s face on it.
- — steve hermosillo (@roadmiles58)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:52:51Let Obama default cause it is an insult to the American people they way he conducts as president it will be on him let it happen
- — Amer Handan (@amerhandan)Tue, Oct 08 2013 11:59:01
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.