Post-Freeh Report release reactions to Joe Paterno's legacy
Following the release of an investigation from former FBI director Louis Freeh, those who are still fans – and those who are, um, not – take to Twitter to express their outrage over the "slander" of the revered icon or, alternately, their outrage over Paterno's actions themselves.
- — Lori Stvns ZimmerMoM (@DVbballMom)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:02:30
- — Ali Peek Wilbur (@AliWilbur)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:02:31"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"...unfortunately this describes Joe Paterno perfectly.
- — Matt (@theMatterathand)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:02:38Two ironies: Nike had a child care center named after Paterno, and it took them a while to change it. #justdoit http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2012/07/12/nike-to-remove-joe-paternos-name-from-its-child-care-center-after-freeh-report-findings/ …m/sites/clareoconnor/2012/07/12/nike-to-remove-joe-paternos-name-from-its-child-care-center-after-freeh-report-findings/
- — Yae Is Chillin (@Yae06)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:02:40They're going to move it into the locker roomRT @roywoodjr: So what's the final verdict? Are they taking down the Joe Paterno statue or not?
- — Ben Fairchild (@BigBallinPimpin)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:02:40
- — Mikey Chief Rocka (@RocketChief_CMB)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:02:41I feel that Paterno is in heaven, so what all the fus is about, he didnt do it, God will judge from now on!
- — Edward Oliveira (@edosurprise75)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:04:16Anyone that believes Paterno is still innocent after this report came out should be punched in the face..pure ignorance to believe otherwise
- — Cassandra Leonti (@sass__cass)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:05:30How do you defend Joe Paterno after this? He was a great coach but he did a really bad thing. Also you probably don't personally know him
- — Bro-tina (@PinkValkyrie)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:05:37
- — AD Huff (@Huff__Daddy)Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:05:39It is unbelievable that this report is slandering Joe Paterno's name after all that he has done for the school. All because of a pedophile.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.