#SEOCHAT: Exploring Free & Paid Images For Your Content
A recap of the Twitter chat which took place on May 14, 2015 at 1 p.m. ET.
- With the rise of content marketing, the need for high quality, compelling and shareable images is essential.
Unless you’re a photographer, it’s often difficult to find the right image for your blog content.
In this week’s #SEOCHAT, we discussed insights and tips about images for content, as well as all the free and paid photo sources you can use.
Q1. What role does visual content have in marketing?
- — Eric Lander (@EricLanderSEO)Thu, May 14 2015 17:10:06A1 Content’s visual presentation has a long standing role in SEO. From code bloat to CSS to rich media & now HTML5 - it’s critical #SEOChat
- — Direct Online Mktg (@directom)Thu, May 14 2015 17:11:05
- — Eric Lander (@EricLanderSEO)Thu, May 14 2015 17:11:08A1 (2) - In today’s world, an SEO needs to understand how to present chunked content to appease users’ diverse topical interests #SEOChat
- — Michelle StinsonRoss (@SocialMichelleR)Thu, May 14 2015 17:11:13
- — Paula Allen (@paulaspeak)Thu, May 14 2015 17:11:21
- — Creative California (@creativecalif)Thu, May 14 2015 17:11:29A1 Content w/ visuals perform better than those without across platforms! Visuals are consistently written content's secret weapon. #seochat
- — Kristie Hill (@blogambitions)Thu, May 14 2015 17:11:30A1: these days visual marketing is the most important driver. Unfortunately, for us lacking visual talent. #SEOCHAT https://twitter.com/AJutah/status/598897759911948289 …
- — Emily Christopher (@emily_C27)Thu, May 14 2015 17:11:54
- — Siddhartha Naithani (@noeticsound)Thu, May 14 2015 17:12:28
Q2. Images and photos are licensed differently. How can you find out if you can use an image?
- — Eric Lander (@EricLanderSEO)Thu, May 14 2015 17:14:20A2 - With regards to SEO, start with Google’s Reverse Image search and see where it’s used - and ALWAYS check embedded META data #SEOChat
- — Creative California (@creativecalif)Thu, May 14 2015 17:15:22A2. A good rule for free images is to use sites that make the licensing info readily available like Wikicommons and Flickr. #seochat