Egyptian Protests Escalate
Al Jazeera English is curating social media related to the large-scale protests that began in Egypt on January 25 and have left two civilians and a police officer dead. Thousands of citizens across the country have called for Tunisia-style ouster of president Hosni Mubarak, Egypt's president for the past three decades.
- BBC journalists prepare for coverage: A helmet, goggles and a video camera mounted to the top.
- Protesters climbing on a water cannon truck are thrown to the ground as it speeds by.
- Protesters in the industrial Nile Delta city of Mahalla tear down a poster of president Hosni Mubarak on Tuesday.
- Stunning images of lone Egyptians taking on ranks of riot police.
- Rough translation of the below photo: "Oh the so-mighty army is afraid of the one Cairene."
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.