In 2009, the United Nations agreed to commemorate Mandela's birthday every year to recognise the Nobel Peace Prize laureate's contribution to resolving conflicts and promoting race relations, human rights and reconciliation.
- — NelsonMandela (@NelsonMandela)Tue, Jul 17 2012 15:39:59
- — True Love Mag (@TrueLoveMag)Mon, Jul 09 2012 23:05:06
- — FWdeKlerkFoundation (@FWdeKlerkFoun)Wed, Jul 18 2012 02:17:04
- — J.K. Brown-Barkshire (@theoneJillibean)Wed, Jul 18 2012 01:44:35@AJELive Taking the time to fill out paperwork to sponsor a poor child in Bangladesh to go to school. Through the JAAGO Foundation :D
- — Adrian Wilson (@baldmanonabike)Wed, Jul 18 2012 02:02:33
- — NelsonMandela (@NelsonMandela)Tue, Jul 17 2012 15:20:28
- However, not everyone was optimistic about the difference that these small actions made.
- — trevor gumbi (@trevorgumbi)Tue, Jul 17 2012 22:18:47There's gonna be a lot of half painted orphanages out there tomorrow as our celebs put brushes down after 67mins of photo-ops,...#MandelaDay
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.