Muslim Ms. Marvel: #KalamaKorps, Colbert & Conan
Kamala Khan's Marvel Comics adventures don't start until February, and Twitter can't wait.
- Only true superhero devotees are likely to know the name Ms. Marvel, a moniker sometimes used by the current Captain Marvel and briefly employed by a fill-in member of the Fantastic Four. However, when Marvel Comics released the news at the beginning of November that there would be a new Ms. Marvel, that she'd be an American Muslim teen, and that she'd be written by G. Willow Wilson (Air, Cairo, Alif the Unseen) --
- -- it got very positive attention from a number of groups, from geeks to minorities to women (and sometimes all three at once):
- — Adri Cowan (@AdriCowan)Tue, Nov 05 2013 12:19:06
- Even Willow herself was touched by the initial outpouring of excitement:
- — G. Willow Wilson (@GWillowWilson)Wed, Nov 06 2013 12:31:48
- And then, one might say, it started to go big:
- And international:
- — Ismail Küpeli (@ismail_kupeli)Thu, Nov 07 2013 10:20:01
- (And, yes, to be fair, even a bit negative:)
- — Nabila Munawar (@nmunawar)Thu, Nov 07 2013 09:54:59
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.