Your say: NRL referee blunder
A refereeing blunder in the opening minutes of North Queensland's knock-out final loss saw Cronulla awarded a seven-tackle try in its 20-18 win over North Queensland in their elimination final. What actions do you think should be taken? Have your say.
- "You can't trust the outcome of any sport that people gamble on and gambling on sport should be banned, for the sake of sport." - nqguy via comment
- "I tell you it is not the end of the world....and I'm in Qld!" - macca2 via comment
- "...Regardless of whether it was a genuine mistake or not, this will damage the integrity of the NRL and it's Refs." - dazport via comment
- "...And here is the real issue, while the referees didn't break a rule or code as such, they did influence the games result and they did cause many many thousands of punters to loose their money on a result that was INVALID...You cannot have gambling on a sport when the officials do not have the ethics to control their sport..." - ostersonabike via comment
- "...This error should not be compared to judgement errors made in the heat of the moment. This is factual matter. Award the match to the cowboys." - losimpson via comment
- "I am an AFL fan and unfortunately this sort of thing is the legacy of betting and big money in sport. It breeds greed and corruption at the highest levels in all sports." - rickyboy via comment