Tunnel fuel spill creates traffic chaos in Sydney
A fuel spill in the Sydney Harbour Tunnel is causing chaos for peak hour traffic heading into the city, with frustrated commuters sharing their experiences on Twitter.
- — 702 ABC Sydney (@702sydney)Wed, Mar 20 2013 13:11:43#Traffic very heavy heading into the city from the northside of the bridge. Diesel spill in the tunnel, traffic diverted onto bridge.
- — Elizabeth P (@lizziepops)Wed, Mar 20 2013 14:26:23Don't try to cross the Harbour for a few hours! The Tunnel is closed my Bridge is at a standstill #sydtraffic oil spill in tunnel
- — Naomi McClure-Griffi (@naomimcgriff)Wed, Mar 20 2013 14:35:41Sydney traffic so bad that after 15 min in car I was only 1 km from home. Abandoned commute to work from cafe!
- — Graeme D'Arcy Ryan (@GDARCYRYAN)Wed, Mar 20 2013 14:32:14Traffic was so bad today, the whole bus voted to get the driver to take us to the ferries instead... And we won!
- — Alan Perkins (@AlanSBPerkins)Wed, Mar 20 2013 14:21:02Traffic Gridlocked due to fuel spill in Sydney Harbour tunnel several hours ago. Tunnel just reopened, will be hours to recover.