- taracan 8:52 AM on 18/10/2012 The Public Service must abide by a strict Code of Conduct, why can't this code also apply to our Parliament, who after all should be leading by example. If Public Servants behaved like our MP's do in meetings they would not hold down their jobs for very long. It is totally inappropriate that our taxes are being used for mud slinging matches. Mr Rudd is correct, lets get on with policies and forget the mud slinging and personalities.
- forrest gardener 9:45 AM on 18/10/2012 Rudd? Calling for abstinence from bitter, personal attacks? Really? He might care to review the tapes of his own conduct and issue an apology before beginning such a worthwhile crusade to lift the standards of debate. Otherwise, to borrow words from the PM, we will not be lectured on personal conduct by this man. Not now. Not ever.
- rob1966 9:31 AM on 18/10/2012 A man renowned for his foul temper, abuse of female staff, and visits to strip clubs that objectify women calls for civility in politics?!? Rudd was the man who started this decline in Australian political standards, so I guess it is reasonable for him to ask for the decline to stop ...
- No, funnily enough. Australian democracy is doing pretty damn well. I've noticed this so-called loss of faith in the democratic process is and American export, where they have largely lost all respect for their political process. I find it helps to point out to them that they haven't been in anything like a democracy for several decades.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!
- Josh ConnellyI agree with the majority of comments here. There is nothing wrong with democracy - in fact it is a brilliant thing. The people are losng faith in the clowns...I agree with the majority of comments here. There is nothing wrong with democracy - in fact it is a brilliant thing. The people are losng faith in the clowns that are slowing up democracy in parliamentmore2012-10-18T12:58:24.500Z
- Edward CoxLosing faith in Australian Democracy is not really the issue - lost faith in Australian politicians is more to the point.2012-10-18T02:37:52.962Z
- Alice CarpenterI wish they'd stop acting like bickering money grubbing children. They're meant to be 'leaders'. Example settlers. Motivators. Wheel turners. As a new voter it...I wish they'd stop acting like bickering money grubbing children. They're meant to be 'leaders'. Example settlers. Motivators. Wheel turners. As a new voter it's very hard to look at these people as the peak of our nation and not despair because you expected to not see a primary school playground potentially impacting on your life.more2012-10-18T02:28:06.230Z