Doctor Who fans set social media abuzz sharing in 50th anniversary celebrations
- Social media was abuzz with excited fans sharing their thoughts on the 50th anniversary special, 'Day of the Doctor'.
- — Jess McDonell (@JessMcDonell)Sat, Nov 23 2013 14:05:16Ughhh Doctor Who was unbelievable. What a fantastic show. Everyone should watch that episode. I'm geared up for adoring Capaldi too.
- — Spencer Howson (@SpencerHowson)Sat, Nov 23 2013 19:04:23
- — Steve Youngs (@SteveYoungs)Sat, Nov 23 2013 14:38:45Just finished watching Doctor Who 50th, The Day Of The Doctor. YES it is AWESOME, YES there are surprises, YES... http://fb.me/2cwUkaamE
- Even Google jumped on the Doctor Who bandwagon, introducing an interactive Google Doodle for the weekend of the anniversary.
- Many fans dressed up for the occasion, as their favourite Doctors, companions, and even daleks.
- Doctor Who themed food was also popular - some fans tried out the eleventh Doctor's bizarre favourite of fish fingers and custard.