Congress of Delegates: Sept. 24
During the 2 1/2-day meeting (held prior to Scientific Assembly), the Congress' agenda includes reports from AAFP officers and commissions, resolutions, candidate forums and the election of leaders.
- Did we mention that we like to get an early start?
- — Carla Kakutani MD (@wintersdoc)Tue, Sep 24 2013 05:56:10
- Things got underway with the introduction of past presidents.
- We also heard greetings from several officials of other physician organizations, including WONCA President Michael Kidd.
- — Diana Mokaya (@Dianasplosion)Tue, Sep 24 2013 08:56:39Happy to hear greetings from a Family Physician on AMA BoD- "MedEd improvements will prepare students to be the PCPs that we need" #aafpcod
- — Anne Montgomery MD (@AnneMont)Tue, Sep 24 2013 09:06:07Dr. Mary Jo Welker from AAFP Foundation. Many great works: scholarships, free clinics, Haiti, medical education. #AAFPCoD
One of the responsibilities of the Congress is to select new leaders.
- Delegates heard speeches from five candidates -- Jack Chou, M.D.; Richard Corson, M.D.; Carol Featherstone, M.D.; Robert Lee, M.D.; and Michael Munger, M.D. -- running for AAFP Director positions. The candidates also participated in a forum moderated by President-elect Reid Blackwelder, M.D.
- — Nancy Laughlin, CAE (@Nancy_Laughlin)Tue, Sep 24 2013 09:14:09AAFP COD Director Candidate Forum begins. Can't wait to hear from our future leaders! #AAFPCoD
- — Stephanie B MD (@nmmountaineer)Tue, Sep 24 2013 09:36:03
- — Alvin B. Lin (@alvinblin)Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:12:10
- — Glen Stream (@grstream)Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:01:56
- — Mike Sevilla, MD (@drmikesevilla)Tue, Sep 24 2013 09:39:27
- Voting for the director positions and president-elect is scheduled for 8 a.m. Pacific on Wednesday, and results will be announced before the close of the session.
- President-elect Reid Blackwelder's style as moderator proved to be popular with the SoMe crowd.
- — Stephanie B MD (@nmmountaineer)Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:20:33
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.