Another #DukeSnowDay on Social Media
A recap of social media interaction around Winter Storm Pax, which slammed the East Coast and Triangle area on Feb. 12 and 13, dumping up to eight inches of snow in some parts of Durham County.
- In Durham County, Winter Storm Pax dumped up to eight inches of snow and as much as a quarter-inch of freezing rain this week. Many Duke community members found themselves digging out of the accumulation, but on campus, staff from Facilities, Parking and Transportation, Duke Police and other service units worked hard beginning Feb. 12 to keep Duke safe for students, faculty and staff.
Here's a collection of updates and images as told by Duke community members as the storm hit the Triangle, beginning Tuesday afternoon:
- — Duke University (@DukeU)Wed, Feb 12 2014 06:44:16Duke's severe weather policy will be in effect at 1 p.m. today, and classes will end at 12:50 p.m. Updates at http://emergency.duke.edu
- — Working@Duke (@WorkingatDuke)Wed, Feb 12 2014 09:05:41Some power outages already reported in the Triangle. Here's how you can keep track of statewide info: http://bit.ly/1g7nZFR
- — Li-Chen Chin (@LiChen_Chin)Wed, Feb 12 2014 12:03:57
- — Karen Collins (@KLCollins)Wed, Feb 12 2014 13:44:22I hear Erwin Rd is a parking lot, and the triangle transit is stopping bus service at 5 PM. Hope no one is waiting for 5:09 #dukestuckinsnow
- — Michael Schoenfeld (@Mike_Schoenfeld)Wed, Feb 12 2014 14:08:28
- — Duke M. Basketball (@Duke_MBB)Wed, Feb 12 2014 14:51:14The Duke-UNC game this evening is officially postponed. Check http://GoDuke.com for postponement details shortly.
- — Duke University (@DukeU)Wed, Feb 12 2014 17:52:37Duke's severe weather policy will be extended until 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13. Classes will be cancelled. Updates: http://emergency.duke.edu
- — Michael Schoenfeld (@Mike_Schoenfeld)Thu, Feb 13 2014 06:33:52The morning after...no classes and most offices and clinics closed @DukeU. Big thanks to police, facilities, dining staff for their work.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.