Teacher murdered at Danvers High School
A teenager is accused in the death of a female teacher whose body was found behind Danvers High School overnight. The body of Colleen Ritzer, 24, a math teacher at the school, was found in the woods behind the school. People reacted right away on social media.
- Colleen Ritzer's own tweet from August has been recirculated today.
- People shared their shock and condolences on Twitter.
- — Adina Goodman (@adinaagoodman)Wed, Oct 23 2013 08:45:08
- — Bianca Ryan (@BiancaRyanxo)Wed, Oct 23 2013 08:23:24God bless Colleen Ritzer and her family #flyhighbeautiful I will never understand why horrible things happen to innocent people. :'(
- — Madeline McCoy (@Madeline_McCoy)Wed, Oct 23 2013 08:35:37Another young person's life cut short because of another senseless act. When will it end? My heart goes out to Colleen Ritzer & her family.
- — Sofia Alejandro (@aixerosab)Wed, Oct 23 2013 08:49:57Violence in the media is desensitizing teens, detaching themselves from their emotions and feelings;This is why Colleen Ritzer is dead. #RIP
- A common hashtag used on Twitter was "RIPMsRitzer."
- — Christian Snyder (@ReturnOfSnydez)Wed, Oct 23 2013 06:36:08Totally stunned to hear that my own math teacher that was the nicest most happiest person in the world was murdered. #RIPMsRitzer
- — Caitg (@caitgagnon)Wed, Oct 23 2013 06:32:35Walking downstairs and seeing both of my sisters crying in the living room. #ripmsritzer ❤️ All my prayers go out to her family and students
- Before news of the murder broke, social media had been focused on finding Phil Chism, the 14-year-old student now accused of murdering the teacher. He was reported missing Tuesday night.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.