Social media on SCOTUS same-sex marriage ruling
The Defense of Marriage Act, the law barring the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages legalized by the states, is unconstitutional, the Supreme Court ruled Wednesday, June 26, 2013 by a 5-4 vote. Here's what people in Massachusetts have to say about it on social media.
- — Aaron Frechette (@AaronFrechette)Wed, Jun 26 2013 08:45:19
- — Dale Arnold (@DaleEArnold)Wed, Jun 26 2013 08:47:52My political statement re: SCOTUS, DOMA and Prop 8 --- you know and love someone effected directly by this, even if you don't know it yet.
- — Michael Soares (@memikey44)Wed, Jun 26 2013 07:37:25
- Some people were so excited, they weren't sure they could focus on anything else!
- — Kristen Greene (@KGreene978)Wed, Jun 26 2013 07:36:26How am I supposed to do work today? I'm still in shock over the DOMA & Prop 8 decisions. Honestly never thought it would go my way :)
- Others are looking for a little more information to clear things up.
- — JoeTaxpayer (@JoeTaxpayerBlog)Wed, Jun 26 2013 07:49:40
- — Carolyn Hotchkiss (@chotchkiss1)Wed, Jun 26 2013 09:43:14Now it gets interesting-how the Feds implement the #doma decision will make a big difference in people's lives.
- Although the majority of posts are overwhelmingly supportive, one poster brings up this point:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.