Herkimer, N.Y. shooting spree
Police on foot and in a helicopter swarmed the villages of Herkimer and Mohawk in search of a 64-year-old man they say opened fire at a car wash and a barbershop March 13, 2013, killing four people and wounding at least two others. Authorities were looking for Kurt Myers, police said.
- Locals, media and concerned people posted information, photos, updates and well-wishes on social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Find updates at herkimertelegram.com, the local newspaper. As of 3:19 p.m., a SWAT team was stationed on the newspaper office's roof and the building is on lockdown.
- Needless to say, the shootings have garnered attention from media from all over.
- Lots of photos are being posted online from various scenes.
- People are also sharing their observations and what they've witnessed.
- Students have been affected, many of which were in lockdown most of the day.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.