December weekend storm
A fast-moving storm Dec. 14, 2013 dumped almost a foot of snow in some communities north and west of Boston, while areas south of the city saw the few inches of snow that had fallen quickly washed away by rain. www.wickedlocal.com, www.wcvb.com
- — NWS Boston (@NWSBoston)Sun, Dec 15 2013 03:34:54
- As of Sunday morning, the concern shifted from snow to freezing rain and flooding.
- — NWS Boston (@NWSBoston)Sun, Dec 15 2013 05:16:49Flash freeze occurring behind storm. Temp. dropped from 30 to 21 in Lawrence, MA. Areas from Reading to Framingham will plunge next 2 hrs.
- People took to Twitter Saturday and Sunday, mostly to complain about the snow.
- — Anthony Baron (@AceRagazzo)Sat, Dec 14 2013 21:54:32That was the most stressful experience of my life. After miracle-type driving, @JordanPinsky and I are home safe after 2 hours in the snow
- Some looked on the bright side. Snowing = exercise.
- You could tell the diehards among the bunch.
- — Brian Otowchits (@oNOitsBrianO)Sat, Dec 14 2013 23:40:58There is no more joyous sound than that of a snow plow grinding into the road at 230 AM.....appreciate you for cleaning the roads though!!
- Some welcomed the down time.
- — Kevin Chubbuck (@ChubbuckGuitars)Sun, Dec 15 2013 05:32:48Relaxing on this snow day. Homemade chili in the crock pot stewing for a few hours. Serve with Tostito Scoops. Oh yes.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.