Lagavulin tasting at @WhiskyExchange Vinopolis
A night of whisky, food and music with Colin Dunn, Julien Lafond and Tim Hain.
- — The Whisky Exchange (@WhiskyExchange)Mon, Feb 27 2012 07:03:18@galg Some usual things, some interesting things... http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/nlv/nlv_2012-02-10.html …exchange.com/nlv/nlv_2012-02-10.html
- — Gal Granov גל גרנוב (@galg)Mon, Feb 27 2012 07:04:47@WhiskyExchange amazing. only the 21 itself is worth the money! and the sherry 12 yo. very nice lineup! i should relocate to london!
- And they are:Lagavulin 16 year oldLagavulin 1995 Distillers EditionLagavulin 12 year old (2011 Special Release)Lagavulin 12 year old (1980s 'Horse' bottling for the UK market)Lagavulin 12 year old (1980s for the Italian market)Lagavulin 12 year old Friends of the Classic Malts (Sherry cask)Lagavuilin 21 year old
- — The Whisky Exchange (@WhiskyExchange)Mon, Feb 27 2012 11:54:40First food pairing of the night - Lagavulin 16 & Mrs Bells Blue Cheese. No picture as it disappeared too quickly...
- It was actually Beenleigh Blue cheese from Dartmoor. I misheard and Googling compounded my mistake...We got ours from Neal's Yard Dairy but you can find out more about the folks who made it at the site below:
- The truffles were Paul A Young 85% Venezuelan Dark Chocolate Truffles.The PX was from 1927...
- The sausage was from the folks at the Exquisite Deli - exquisitedeli.com/
- Many thanks to Julien Lafond of Grand Marnier.The recipe:40ml Lagavulin 16yo20ml Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge20ml Byrrh Grand Quinquina1 dash Mozart Chocolate BittersStir the ingredients with ice and top with some dry ice assisted tea smoke.
- — The Whisky Exchange (@WhiskyExchange)Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:50:57A brief musical interlude from #TimHain and onto a pair of 1980s 12yo - half the room with each one for a comparison tasting.
- — The Whisky Exchange (@WhiskyExchange)Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:57:58The tropical fruity UK 'Horse' bottling of Lagavulin 12 from the 1980s seems to have more fans than the metallic edged Italian version.
- — The Whisky Exchange (@WhiskyExchange)Mon, Feb 27 2012 13:22:08Distracted by the whisky for a moment...penultimate dram - Lagavulin Friends of the Classic Malts 12yo 1995 matured in European sherry oak.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.