WSJ: 2012 was warmest on record for U.S.
Extreme weather prevailed with #Sandy, #Isaac, the #derecho, an active wildfire season, and the driest year since 1988. Records go back to 1895.
- WSJ print and online coverage of the record-breaking heat of 2012:
- — Eric Holthaus (@WSJweather)Tue, Jan 08 2013 22:53:27"This is consistent with what we would expect in a warming world," Mr. Arndt said. "a huge exclamation point" http://on.wsj.com/VESGWQ SGWQ
- Live-tweeting the official announcement at the #AMS2013 meeting:
- — Eric Holthaus (@WSJweather)Tue, Jan 08 2013 14:21:36To me, the most ominous part of 2012's litany of heat records in USA was it started as a La Nina year. Next El Nino yr could be even warmer.
- Live-tweeting details from the full report:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.