4th Annual National Call of Unity
To kick off Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2013, this free national call connected hundreds of advocates, allies, survivors, and their family and friends to energize and refocus our efforts to end domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Held on Tuesday, October 1st at 3pm Eastern/12pm Pacific, this call featured words of gratitude and encouragement from our partners in the federal government and national advocacy organizations, words of hope and strength from a survivor of domestic violence, and words of inspiration and passion from performance poets -- all in celebration of the work we do together to say NO MORE and envision a world of peace.
- The call opens with a greeting from Kenya Fairley, Senior Director of Capacity Building & Education for the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence.
- Marylouise Kelley, Director of the Family Violence Prevention and Services Program of the Department of Health and Human Services
- Shaina Goodman, Public Policy Coordinator for the National Network to End Domestic Violence
- Terri Poore, Policy Chair with the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Tracy Cox, Communications Director for the National Sexual Violence Resource Center
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.