#AskUSDA: Rural Economic Development and Housing
- On June 19, 2012, Deputy Under Secretary for Rural Development Doug O'Brien led the Department's third monthly Virtual Office Hours on USDA's role in economic development in our nation’s rural communities, including the great strides that have been made in agricultural economy and the important role housing plays in creating jobs, maintaining viable rural communities, and contributing to the economy.
- Before the chat began, we tweeted out a link to USDA's rural economic and community development results document to give our audience a jumping off point for questionsAt 1:30p.m. ET, the Deputy Under Secretary kicked off the chat with a welcome message:
- Question 1 led the way with an excellent opportunity to explain why USDA's Rural Development portfolio includes housing issues in rural communities.
- Question 2 came from the First Nations Development Institute:
- Question 3 from Sustainable Northwest:
- Question 4 came from John White, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Rural Outreach, U.S. Department of Education:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.