Zimmerman found not guilty; America reacts
Late Saturday night, a jury found George Zimmerman not guilty in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, bringing up issues of race, the justice system and gun rights in America. What did you think of verdict? Responses immediately following the verdict, including to @USATOpinion's question ...
... was justice served?
- This has more to do with Florida's laws and lack of common sense within it when it comes to defining when someone is using the stand your ground law to commit murder! Evidence was also ignored by this jury and to be.honest they failed Trayvon! Day's like this it's easy to get angry but I say days like this we must leave it with God..
- If that is what the jury found, then I am satisfied. It is the American system, and justice has been served, no matter what one may think. But this case did reveal that Americans are still divided on the artificial grounds of race. Biologically, we are all of just one race. I am hoping that this case and its aftermath will unite us for justice, rather than divide us by an artificial construct.
- Looks like the jury paid attention to both the evidence and the law. That said, it was a tragedy for Trayvon and his family as well as for George, who will have to ask himself for the rest of his life if this is what he wanted. Florida may wish to take a look at the stand your ground law and perhaps make some adjustments aimed at limiting such confrontations.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!
- Tom Sandersi have read over 800 comments...80% are pro zimmerman...,.so forget what the news would have you believe.2013-07-15T11:48:20.837Z
- Greg WaterhouseNice to know that self defense isn't against the law! The jury got this one right.2013-07-14T14:08:36.878Z
- Jessica ArandaIn the end, there is only one person that will have the ultimate judgement on George. Someday he will have to answer to the man up above. #thoushallnotkill2013-07-14T05:14:08.816Z