Social media buzz: Iraq War anniversary, Hillary Clinton supports gay marriage
Popular topics in Opinion this week: Reflecting on the 10th anniversary of the war in Iraq, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton backs gay marriage.
- The Iraq War, 10 years later
- It has been a decade since the U.S. began "Operation Iraqi Freedom," under the pretense of eliminating Saddam Hussein because of his alleged weapons of mass destruction. Over 4,500 Americans and countless Iraqi's have died. What did we learn?
- We posted on Facebook our view on the "sobering lessons," of the Iraq War and an opposing view by former assistant secretary of Defense Richard Perle:
- Here's what readers had to say on Facebook and Twitter to USA TODAY:
- The U.S. military invaded Iraq on March 19, 2003 in an unsuccessful attempt at killing Hussein. Known as the "shock and awe" plan, forces attacked and bombed areas of northern Iraq to display rapid dominance throughout the region.
- Iraq War timeline from RT America:
- What people are saying outside of USA TODAY:
- The 10th anniversary of the Iraq War is coming up. Let's take time to remember the lying SOB's who committed acts of treason to get us to go to war. Let us remember the 4486 American Service men and women who were killed at the hands of our own murdering politicians. Let us revisit the web of deceit that cost us $2 trillion dollars. Will justice ever be done or will these neocon bastards just be an indelible brown stain on the history of the USA? http://thepoliticaljunkies.org/tpjmagazine/2013/3/3/on-the-tenth-year-bush-cheney-still-unindicted-co-conspirators …
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.