Social media buzz: TSA allows pocketknives, and a halt on Bloomberg soda ban
Popular topics in Opinion this week: TSA's new boarding policy that allows passengers to carry pocketknives, and golf clubs onto planes, and a New York judge stops Mayor Michael Bloomberg's ban on large-sized sugary drinks.
- New boarding policy allows pocketknives on planes
- Our view on TSA'a new policy that allows pocketknives on planes:
- Opposing view by Laura Glading President of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants:
- Here's what our readers on Facebook had to say to USA TODAY:
- Let's see, they dropped the ban on pocket knives so they could concentrate on more dangerous items. But then they put conditions on the knives - blade length, locking ability, and handle grip shape - that the agents have to hand inspect each knife and measure the blades. How will this save time to concentrate on more dangerous items?
- Conversations outside of USA Today:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.