Social media buzz: First lady at the Oscars, and medals for drone ops
Popular topics in Opinion this week: The first lady's moment at the Oscars causes controversy, and cyber warfare is given a medal valued higher than some lawmakers would like.
- Conservative backlash after first lady Michelle Obama appears at Oscars
- Michelle Obama's surprise appearance in last week's Oscars has angered some conservatives who describe the show as political propaganda, while also questioning the first lady's priorities.
- Fox news commentator Bill O'Rielly calls the first lady's Oscar appearance left-wing "boosterism." Watch here:
- In response, USA TODAY contributor DeWayne Wickham blasts back at right-wing commentators he calls "haters," for criticizing the first lady. Read here:
- Here's what our readers had to say on Facebook at USA TODAY:
- Watch Obama for yourself here:
- Conversations outside of USA TODAY:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.