International AIDS Conference
This year, the International AIDS Society (IAS) hosted the 19th International AIDS Conference, which took place in Washington, DC, from July 22–27. USAID supported the publication of hundreds of abstracts and participated in posters, oral presentations, workshops, and more.
- On Sunday, July 22, we participated in the event, Journey of Life for Children with HIV - From Diagnosis to Adulthood, where Ariel Pablos-Méndez, Assistant Administrator for Global Health, gave opening remarks.
- On Monday, July 23, we participated in the World Bank/USAID Debate which engaged opposing panelists to argue their opinions on the motion: “Continued AIDS investments by donors and governments is a sound investment, even in a resource-constrained environment.”
- Arguments against the motion:
- Arguments in favor of the motion:
- At the same time, some us were at the conference attending the Call to Action for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision for HIV Prevention.
- On Tuesday, July 24, Administrator Shah participated in a Press Conference on A Common Sense Approach to HIV with Debra Messing and PSI.
- In addition to other events, on Wednesday we participated in the Summit on the Role of the Christian Faith Community in Global Health and HIV/AIDS.
- Thank you to all who joined us in person or over social media at the International AIDS Conference!