Q & A Momentum for Change: Financing for Climate-Friendly Investment
With the deadline for applications for Momentum for Change: Financing for Climate-friendly Investment coming up fast, Christiana Figueres and Dominic Waughray of the World Economic Forum hosted a live Twitter chat to discuss the role of innovative finance in responding to climate change.
- Christiana Figueres opened the chat and greeted co-host Dominic Waughray, senior director of the World Economic Forum's Environmental Initiatives.
- The discussion started out with the question of what is needed to ensure transparency and coherence in the field of climate-friendly finance:
- Christiana Figueres pointed to the first Forum of the Standing Committee on Finance, which is taking place this week in Barcelona, Spain
- Not surprisingly, the situation of the current state of the EU's carbon market, the biggest in the world, was addressed
- Another imortant issue was crowd sourcing to finance clean energy projects
- @davidrossati pointed to an existing example of crowd sourcing: