Spring 2013 Commencement
UNC Asheville held its 85th annual commencement ceremony, May 11, 2013, celebrating the 730 graduates of the Class of 2013, including the 466 May graduates, and welcoming a crowd of more than 4,000 to the Quad.
- Commencement speakers shared their wisdom with the graduates, and the guests received an education in the traditions of UNC Asheville.
- — Jessica Marx (@JtotheMarx)Sat, May 11 2013 07:53:34
- — UNC Asheville (@UncAvl)Sat, May 11 2013 07:49:00
- Graduates assembled before the ceremony, starting and sustaining traditions of their own. Friends and families gathered on the Quad to greet their soon-to-be UNC Asheville alumni.
- — UNCA Cultural Events (@UNCACultural)Fri, May 10 2013 08:33:39Donning of the Stoles today @ 1pm, Alumni Hall. Meaningful UNCA tradition. Come out & support our amazing graduates. #UNCAVL2013
Commencement took shape on campus several days before the ceremony, starting with the irises that bloom in blue and the tents that set the stage at Ramsey Library. A rain location was readied in case the clouds turned to storms.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.