Tweets of the Day: July 10, 2012
Yesterday Texas Gov. Rick Perry stated that the state of Texas would opt out of the upcoming Medicaid expansion. Houstonians on Facebook and Twitter mostly decried the decision.
- — Shari Wright (@writewright7)Tue, Jul 10 2012 08:52:15“@yagbebi: Rick Perry, small-minded gov., of the big state of TX is one who will opt out of Medicaid. Power play jeopardizes lives.
- — Cesar Espinosa (@Cesar_Espinosa)Tue, Jul 10 2012 07:58:27"Rick Perry has declined Medicaid expansion, costing the state $76 billion in federal aid, all in the name of states rights."- @isaiasreyna
- — Texas Leftist (@TexasLeftist)Tue, Jul 10 2012 08:16:19Right keeps saying that expanding Medicaid will "create a DR shortage". The uninsured already exist. There's ALREADY A DOCTOR SHORTAGE. #p2
- — Texas Truth Serum (@texastruthserum)Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:50:31“@FrankConniff: Rick Perry rejects Obamacare because letting poor people die from lack of health coverage is cheaper than executing them.”
- — Brad (@BradOverBoard)Tue, Jul 10 2012 07:03:51
- — Ryan Johnson (@Dapper_DonnENT)Mon, Jul 09 2012 19:35:04Gov.Perry: TX will not b expanding Medicaid which means if u not under 18/disability/senior citizen;u will be paying 4 insurance
- — Deb Shelton (@deb_shelton)Mon, Jul 09 2012 11:12:10Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Gov. Perry: Texas Will Not Expand Medicaid or Implement Health Benefit Exchange
- — Jason Petersen (@jasonmp85)Mon, Jul 09 2012 08:09:45Everyone in TX with an income > 25% but ≤ 100% of the poverty line won't qualify for Medicaid or a penalty waiver & still must buy coverage…
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.