Tweets of the Day: December 12
In today's best tweets, Kay Bailey Hutchison touts the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, a certain Texas lawmaker has his 50th birthday today, and Texans pick up on the news that the Obama administration plans to cut National Guard troops from the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, leads the charge on speeding up the approval of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, which supporters say would be a job creator and an energy boon. The Obama administration decided to put off a decision until early 2013 to study other routes that wouldn't take the pipeline over an aquifer in Nebraska.
- In other news that's bound to upset Texas' border hawks, the Obama administration plans to reduce the number of National Guard members on the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Needless to say, Texas Gov. Rick Perry wasn't thrilled, and he quickly tweeted a link to his reaction, which said the decision is proof the administration "has no intention to truly secure the border or listen to the American citizens, communities and law enforcement who care about border security and public safety."
- And Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Corpus Christi, has his 50th birthday today. According to CQ-Roll Call's guide to members of Congress, Farenthold was born on this day in 1961.Rep. Kenny Marchant, R-Coppell, tweeted the news:
- Other lawmakers chimed in as well.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.