SB 1275 Hearing
SB 1275 came before the Virginia Senate Education and Health Committee Thursday, January 24, 2013.
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Thu, Jan 24 2013 07:20:07Testified on behalf of #SB1275 this morning. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?ses=131&typ=bil&val=Sb1275 ….us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?ses=131&typ=bil&val=Sb1275 Education and Health Committee not yet ready to lead on patient privacy.
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Thu, Jan 24 2013 07:21:54My thanks to Sen. Steve Martin for sponsoring the legislation by request. Virginia Hospitals oppose the bill. #SB1275 Protect patient data!
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Thu, Jan 24 2013 07:24:59What was interesting was how much testimony before and after #SB1275 that makes the argument for patient privacy and doctor independence.
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:28:09
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Wed, Jan 30 2013 19:36:34@ACLUVA What about the data drones in our doctors' offices? http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/medical-privacy …teSB1275gy-and-liberty/medical-privacy #SB1privacyVirginia would have protected #privacy.
- — Tim McGhee (@TimMcGhee)Fri, Feb 01 2013 08:19:41#SB1275 noticed on a medical blog. http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/2013/01/senator-stephen-h-martin-of-virginia.html …gspot.com/2013/01/senator-stephen-h-martin-of-virginia.html Comments: Bills like this "should be turned into law." "At least someone gets it."
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.