#NPRTwitterChat II Recap - 5/30/13
This is a recap of the second #NPRTwitterChat, a collaboration between the HR teams of NPR and Twitter. #NPRTwitterChat is a quarterly chat that brings together experienced professionals at the intersections of HR, recruiting, and social media to provide job search advice and share jobs.
- — NPR Jobs (@NPRjobs)Tue, May 28 2013 19:11:30
- — Join The Flock (@JoinTheFlock)Wed, May 29 2013 11:46:33
- Q1: What social media advice do you have for recent grads or students/interns?
- — Kristin Adair (@Kristin_Adair)Thu, May 30 2013 16:12:49A1 be yourself but keep it professional, recruiters check your social presence to ensure your know how to filter #NPRTwitterChat
- — Jenny DeVaughn (@JennyDeVaughn)Thu, May 30 2013 16:10:52
- — LaTonya Wilkins (@Work_Wonders)Thu, May 30 2013 16:11:12A1: Understand what you are trying to accomplish & what image you want to portray. That will help you stay focused #nprtwitterchat
- — Dan Goldman (@danielg280)Thu, May 30 2013 16:18:56A1 Well, don't be douche, but DO be interesting, and give ppl something valuable thru ur feed: an opinion, idea, link, etc. #nprtwitterchat
- — Emily Gayle Aitken (@ega1)Thu, May 30 2013 16:17:20
- — HootSuite HR (@HootHR)Thu, May 30 2013 16:13:28
- Q2: This job requires experience, but I don't have any. How do I get it?
- — Justin Mass (@jmass)Thu, May 30 2013 16:13:08A2. Study job descriptions for where you want to be next year, 3 years from now. Start building directionally. #nprtwitterchat
- — Laurie Ruettimann (@lruettimann)Thu, May 30 2013 16:14:17A2 The best experience I ever gained was through volunteering. That's how I learned to read a P&L statement. #nprtwitterchat
- — Kristin Adair (@Kristin_Adair)Thu, May 30 2013 16:16:04A2: Experience comes in many forms. Show how you took initiative to make things better in the work you have done #NPRTwitterChat
- — Claire Tapia (@clairetapia)Thu, May 30 2013 16:11:55A2:Internships; and network with folks in the desired industry through twitter and networking events to get in the door #NPRTwitterChat
- — Christian Bøgeberg (@cbogie)Thu, May 30 2013 16:11:43A2: there are a lot of ways to 'do the job' these days without getting paid yet. open source, internships, blogging, sta... #NPRTwitterChat
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!