Kamala Harris in her own words
10 Reasons why the CA new senator is fighting for our state
- 10. She is looking out for students and massive student debt issues.
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Thu, Apr 06 2017 23:27:00There are real and lasting consequences to student debt, including hurting future chances of buying a home. http://www.scpr.org/news/2017/04/04/70447/a-new-look-at-the-lasting-consequences-of-student/ …
- 9. She realizes that the drug epidemic is complicated.
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Mon, Mar 27 2017 19:28:00The nation’s drug epidemic isn’t something that discriminates based on race or class. It’s a pervasive problem we must fix.
- 8. She wants to work to close the pay gap.
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Tue, Apr 04 2017 15:42:00In California, women earn 85.7 cents for every dollar a man makes. We must do better and close the pay gap. #EqualPayDay
- 7. She supports working moms.
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Wed, Apr 05 2017 18:00:05In the 21st century, women who work shouldn’t have to choose between taking care of themselves or a loved one & putting food on the table.
- 6. She is an LGBTQ ally.
- 5. She cares about protecting the environment.
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Fri, Mar 31 2017 03:42:00I’m joining my colleagues to call on President Trump to stop rolling back environmental policies. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senators-climate-letter_us_58dab9b5e4b054637062ad1e …
- 4. She is concerned about the increase anti-Semetic hate crimes.
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Wed, Mar 29 2017 21:20:00Whether it’s a swastika on a bus in CA or burning of a mosque in FL, we can’t stand idly by when anti-Semitism & hate crimes are on the rise
- 3. She realizes the importance of the Supreme Court for all citizens.
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Fri, Apr 07 2017 17:45:27These words are there to remind all those who enter, that the Supreme Court exists to uphold rights of all Americans—not just the powerful.
- 2. She supports the important and diverse work done by Planned Parenthood
- — Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris)Wed, Mar 29 2017 23:11:00
- 1. She believes that all people have rights not matter who they are or what they believe.