Saturday NATO Protests: Mental Health Clinics and Rahm Emanuel's House
On Saturday, May 19, 2012, protestors gathered to rally against the closing of mental health care clinics in Chicago. Meeting at the Irving Park Brown Line stop, the protestors rallied in Horner Park before camping outside Mayor Rahm Emanuel's house on the North Side.
- — Bartosz Brzeziński (@aperi_oculos)Sat, May 19 2012 09:03:30Diane Adams is one of the patients at the former Woodland Clinic. She's leading one of the groups at Occupy Health Care day #occupynato
- — Haley BeMiller (@haleybeemzler)Sat, May 19 2012 08:19:56
- The protestors first gathered for a rally in Horner Park on the 2700 block of West Montrose.
- — Haley BeMiller (@haleybeemzler)Sat, May 19 2012 09:26:07
The March to Rahm Emanuel's house
- The group then proceeding to march towards the home of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel to protest against the closure of mental health clinics.
- — Truth Tweeter (@redostoneage)Sat, May 19 2012 13:24:02
Outside the Emanuel home
- Outside the mayor's home on the 4200 block of West Hermitage, an estimated 1,000 protestors camped out to "save our clinics."
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.