At the VT 1:1 2012 Conference
John Downes and Susan Hennessey gave the 1:1 conference "un-keynote", on tips for a successful 1:1 implementation: "Beyond Success: 1:1 as a Transformative Journey".
- Right off the bat they framed the discussion with a focus on including all stakeholders in education; not just teachers but...
- — Susan Hennessey (@hennesss)Mon, Sep 24 2012 05:45:14
- Which resonated with the crowd.
- — Erika Lowe (@ErikaBTV)Mon, Sep 24 2012 06:35:08
- Attendees brought up questions and issues from their own experiences with 1:1 implementations:
- — Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)Mon, Sep 24 2012 05:52:27#vt1to1 in 1 school, students suggestion was to not let computers go home when there is no homework to help group adhere to expectations
- — Erika Lowe (@ErikaBTV)Mon, Sep 24 2012 05:56:26
- But the overarching theme of the morning was the potential for 1:1 environments to provide transformative, student-led learning experiences.
- — Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)Mon, Sep 24 2012 05:48:52#vt1to1 love the idea that kids created their own classroom to document their learning with their new devices from 1:1
- — Erika Lowe (@ErikaBTV)Mon, Sep 24 2012 05:55:00Having 1:1 tech in classroom changes relationship roles of teachers & students. Drives bolder teaching practices/student learning. #VT1to1
- — Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)Mon, Sep 24 2012 06:00:06#vt1to1 Love the idea - students who had used 1:1 presented to new teachers about what worked best 4 them with their LMS use from last year
- — pamela campbell (@pamelacvt)Mon, Sep 24 2012 06:06:34
- — Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)Mon, Sep 24 2012 06:34:22
- — Erika Lowe (@ErikaBTV)Mon, Sep 24 2012 06:40:38
- Learning Management Systems (LMS's) were also a hot topic, both in choice of implementation and necessity.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.