Twitter reactions to Navy Yard attack
Twitter was alight with responses Monday after a shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard. As updates continued to come in and the death toll rose, celebrities, politicians, athletes and others in the spotlight took to Twitter to share their regards.
- — SECNAV Ray Mabus (@SECNAV)Mon, Sep 16 2013 08:31:29I'm deeply shocked & saddened by the shooting this morning at the Navy Yard. Our thoughts & prayers are with the victims and their families.
- — David Cameron (@David_Cameron)Mon, Sep 16 2013 12:46:00Tragic events at the Washington Navy Yard. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have lost loved ones.
- — Josh Morgan (@NFLJoshMorgan)Mon, Sep 16 2013 06:50:10May God Bless the Workers & Families of Victims affected by the Navy Yard Active Shooter this Morning; Our thoughts & Prayers are with You
- — Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano)Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:19:03
- — Cassadee Pope (@CassadeePope)Mon, Sep 16 2013 12:50:32This Navy Yard shooting is so disturbing. Why anyone would want to harm the ones who protect us day in and day out is beyond me. Horrible.
- — Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407)Mon, Sep 16 2013 08:52:12Thoughts & prayers go out to the victims and responders at the Navy Yard! It is absolute sickening that people do this! #NavyYardShooting
- — Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee)Mon, Sep 16 2013 08:47:39Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families of the Navy Yard shooting this morning in DC.
- — Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz)Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:49:00Prayers for the Navy Yard victims, their families and for first responders who rushed to protect those in danger and work to secure the area
- — Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin)Mon, Sep 16 2013 12:38:13Washington Navy Yard death toll at 12; Prayers for victims and families pour in http://twitchy.com/2013/09/16/washington-navy-yard-death-toll-at-12-prayers-for-victims-and-families-pour-in/ …/was…
- — Bishop Noel Jones (@BishopNoelJones)Mon, Sep 16 2013 08:21:07Let us direct our prayers to those affected in Washington, DC and at the Navy Yard as we pray for the safety of our country at large.
- — Rep. Patrick Murphy (@RepMurphyFL)Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:30:55My thoughts & prayers are w/ the victims & families of those affected by this morning’s senseless act of violence at the Navy Yard.
- — Speaker John Boehner (@SpeakerBoehner)Mon, Sep 16 2013 08:45:15Please join in saying a prayer for the victims in Washington #NavyYard, & for all the officers & first responders taking action.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.