From the SXSW festival to the Los Angeles premiere to the impact of the movie locally, we've got every angle of 'Spring Breakers' covered. The movie by director Harmony Korine was filmed in Tampa Bay in spring 2012 with stars James Franco and Disney girls Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens.
- From SXSW:
L.A.: Times movie critic, Steve Persall, traveled to Los Angeles for the movie's premier weekend, attending the Spring Breakers premiere on the evening of March 14, 2013.
- Persall's review:
- Saturday: 'Spring Breakers' news conference
- — Steve Persall (@StevePersall)Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:19:00
- Initial thoughts (tweets) on the movie:
- — Steve Persall (@StevePersall)Thu, Mar 14 2013 22:19:05
- — Steve Persall (@StevePersall)Thu, Mar 14 2013 22:12:23
- — Steve Persall (@StevePersall)Thu, Mar 14 2013 22:15:09#JamesFranco is a wannabe-Rasta riot, outrageously over the top; energy he seldom displays, especially in Oz. Oscar? No. SpiritAward? Maybe
- The after-party
- — Steve Persall (@StevePersall)Thu, Mar 14 2013 22:50:57
- The red carpet
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.