The Alumni Speaker Series: Beth Ann Kaminkow '89, President & CEO of TracyLocke
Newhouse alumna Beth Ann Kaminkow (Class of '89) spoke on October 17, 2012 about her success in the advertising industry and about something that scares all college students: the future. Below are some of Kaminkow's personal philosophies that she talked about and that she uses everyday.
- Kaminkow is a Leo. Leos are enthusiastic super-achievers with a positive outlook on life. Yep, Kaminkow is definitely a Leo.
- — Allie (@ayres_allie)Wed, Oct 17 2012 16:44:53I wasn't afraid to show my ambitious, competitive side. And I wanted to be a part of companies that valued those qualities #BethAnnSpeaks
- Kaminkow talked about how the commitments and sacrifices that needed to be made in order to be successful are the same as what a professional athlete has to deal with. Nobody complains that athletes have to work hard on the weekends - nobody should complain that they have to work hard in a professional setting either.
- — Rodney Fleming (@RodneyWFleming)Wed, Oct 17 2012 16:47:47"I was so ready to be put to work, and I was put in the corner." Nobody puts Beth Ann in the corner. #BethAnnSpeaks
- — Rodney Fleming (@RodneyWFleming)Wed, Oct 17 2012 17:01:52"Don't kid yourself into thinking that just because you thought the right things, you're set. You have to do it." #BethAnnSpeaks
- That's how you make a lasting impression with someone. Networking at its finest.
- Everything nowadays is about marketing yourself. How do you want to be seen in the business world?
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.