Twitter Q & A With Deputy Director of American Citizen Services Jack Markey
On Wednesday, July 11, 2012, Deputy Director of American Citizen Services for the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs Jack Markey responded to questions from American citizens traveling to the 2012 London Olympics.
- The first question submitted was from @francoturk, who inquired about the advantages of informing an embassy of your vacation plans when traveling abroad.
- With the 2012 London Olympics just weeks away, security has increasingly become an area of concern for American citizens traveling to the games.
- In response, Deputy Director Markey provided information on staying safe in London.
- Deputy Director Markey also shared YouTube videos addressing frequently asked questions from American citizens who travel to the United Kingdom.
- Deputy Director Markey also shared a link from the London 2012 Olympics page.
- The State Department’s responses to participant questions and travel tips were retweeted around the world.
- Global response was largely positive and enthusiastic.
- For more information on what services the U.S. Embassy can provide to U.S. citizens in London, please visit usembassy.org.uk/london2012/. You can continue the conversation on the Bureau of Consular Affairs’ main Twitter account.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!