Twitter Q & A with Under Secretary Tara Sonenshine
On Wednesday, June 27, Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs Tara Sonenshine took questions on Twitter in nine languages using the hashtag #AskState. Questions were simultaneously answered in Arabic, Chinese, English, Hindi, Farsi, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- While most questions were received in English, Under Secretary Sonenshine's answers were translated into all nine languages represented. For more engagement on the event's hashtag, visit Twitter.com/#askState.The following question and answers demonstrate how the event was conducted. A question would come in in English, such as this one about violence against Christians in Syria.
- Responses were posted in English and then translated into the other languages.
- Under Secretary Sonenshine then answered a question on entrepreneurship's role in improving the economy.
- This question came in Chinese, on human rights issues in China:
- On a personal note, Under Secretary Sonenshine was asked what inspires her. Here's what's she said:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.