Twitter Chat with Assistant Secretary Anne Richard
On Wednesday, June 20, Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, Anne Richard responded to questions submitted on Twitter to @StateDept on World Refugee Day at the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C.
- During the Twitter Chat, Assistant Secretary Richard took your questions on several topics relating to World Refugee Day. She answered several about Pakistani issues, including the Department's efforts to address persecution of minorities:
- and refugees displaced as a result of conflicts in the region.
- Assistant Secretary Richard also spoke to State's ongoing efforts to send aid money to displaced persons in Africa:
- Todd Stein, of the International Campaign for Tibet, posed a few questions on the Department's policy on Tibet, prompting this exchange:
- Refugees International posed a question on many minds: how to continue to serve and protect the world's displaced population as American foreign aid budgets shrink:
- The Assistant Secretary answered that she would actively engage Congress:
- Assistant Secretary Richard also answered questions about how the volunteers can assist with World Refugee Day-associated events around the world.
- Several of Assistant Secretary Richard's tweets were retweeted by participants in the chat.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.