Global Twitter Q&A with Under Secretary Tara Sonenshine
On December 5, 2012, Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs Tara Sonenshine answered questions on Twitter in eight languages using the hashtag #AskState. Responses were simultaneously given in Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- — USA darFarsi (@USAdarFarsi)Wed, Dec 05 2012 07:01:35
- Individuals from around the world submitted questions on a range of policy issues. As Under Secretary Sonenshine answered their questions, translators entered her responses into the eight different languages.
- — Euysuk Simon Kwon (@ES_Kwon)Wed, Dec 05 2012 07:50:46
- — StateDept (@StateDept)Wed, Dec 05 2012 08:06:10
- Many people asked Under Secretary Sonenshine about events unfolding in Egypt and the Middle East.
- — Coptic Assembly (@CopticAssembly)Thu, Nov 29 2012 06:58:55
- — StateDept (@StateDept)Wed, Dec 05 2012 07:49:03
- — USA bilAraby (@USAbilAraby)Wed, Dec 05 2012 07:20:34
- Several of the initial queries led to broader discussions, such as this conversation between Under Secretary Sonenshine and NPR's Andy Carvin.
- — Andy Carvin (@acarvin)Wed, Dec 05 2012 07:57:15
- — Tara Sonenshine (@TSonenshine)Thu, Dec 06 2012 07:55:43
- — Tara Sonenshine (@TSonenshine)Thu, Dec 06 2012 07:57:36.@acarvin When public referendum on constitution is held, it'll be important for Egyptians to be able to vote in peaceful secure environment
- And, almost all geographic areas were covered during the Q&A session.
- — StateDept (@StateDept)Wed, Dec 05 2012 08:36:26
- — USA en Español (@USAenEspanol)Wed, Dec 05 2012 09:23:40
- Under Secretary Sonenshine also answered numerous questions about international education, study abroad, and exchange programs for both U.S. and foreign students.
- — StateDept (@StateDept)Wed, Dec 05 2012 08:15:11
- The Twitter Q&A provided a great opportunity to connect with an audience engaged in foreign affairs. Stay tuned to @StateDept for announcements on similar events in the future.
- — StateDept (@StateDept)Wed, Dec 05 2012 09:47:36
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.