NFL QB Gets Bad Haircut, Brands Battle for His Business
Panthers QB Jimmy Clausen thought he was just going for a bargain haircut, but what truly happened sent shockwaves through Twitter Tuesday night.
- Back in the summer of 2010, Panthers QB Jimmy Clausen signed a four-year contract worth $6.3 million, with $2.53 million guaranteed. But in this economy, everyone could save a buck or two, and perhaps that's why Clausen decided to take his business to a Supercuts in Charlotte Tuesday afternoon.Now, we're not talking about any head of hair. Clausen's golden locks have traveled with him from California, to the Golden Dome, to the NFL, so this couldn't have been a rash decision. Yes, he may have seen a great deal (a call to a Charlotte-area Supercuts tonight revealed a price of $14.95 for a men's haircut), but he obviously trusted what he'd get back in the transaction -- a rock-solid cut. Instead, it appears Clausen put his trust in the wrong hands.
- Unfortunately for Clausen, the crude cut came at a rough time.
- With Supercuts facing social media backlash from an NFL QB, a competitor jumped at the opening, JUST in time.
- Supercuts deserves credit for "listening" and responding quickly to Clausen, but those precious 76 seconds may have scored a new customer for Great Clips.
- While this story has certainly taught us something...
- It may not be over.
- So stay tuned...
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.