US right-wing response to NHS at Olympic Ceremony
Some American right-wingers seem annoyed that we dared to showcase our apparently death-panel riddled, politicised, underachieving, inferior, free health service, also we couldn't just love our NHS, it was obviously a direct advertisement to the US. Some stunning narcissism and ignorance here...
- Jealousy is a terrible thing folks. All these people are American (and judging by their tweet content are probably conservative/republican), in their system you have to pay (insane amounts) for basic care. I didn't even bother including the "this healthcare thing is a dig at the USA, right!?" tweets because there were so, so many it was ludicrous. How dare we "advertise" one of our greatest achievements to the world! There are just a few selected, incredible that many have such a strong negative opinion on a service they have probably never used. The real reason the NHS was included in the Olympics is that a large amount of Brits genuinely love it and view it as a genuine achievement.
If you read this please check out calebmedley.com/ it is a site to help Caleb medley who was shot in aurora and was uninsured, he is in a coma now because of a madman and will have to pay in the region of $2 million in healthcare costs in America. We are lucky enough in the UK we would never have to pay that, if we survived a random act of violence, but some aren't :(
OBVIOUSLY THIS DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF ALL AMERICANS OR CONSERVATIVES, I KNOW THAT. MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE :)
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 24 already did!
- John SmithHave you read Francis on the MidStaffs massacre?2013-02-09T09:58:03.391Z
- @Byrne1989Reminder that when i was compiling this there were just as many (if not more) postitive comments about the NHS (like "wow see their country is actually PROUD of...Reminder that when i was compiling this there were just as many (if not more) postitive comments about the NHS (like "wow see their country is actually PROUD of their healthcare , wish we had that") , it is unfair to tarnish all Americans with the ignornace of a few. more2012-07-30T14:14:59.352Z
- Mark StocktonAmericans = Warmongering, Racists and poor hating go f**k yourselves !!! RULE BRITIANIA :)2012-07-30T10:25:21.250Z
- Mark StocktonI am from England, the NHS is sound you all talk nonsense about something you know nothing about !!! Right wing clowns, so evil !!!2012-07-30T10:18:00.396Z
- Morgan CoxIn the UK if your poor and get injured you don't have to go bankrupt - what happens in the USA again ?? (right wing policy = fuck the poor)2012-07-30T08:36:59.288Z
- Morgan CoxThe right would just let the poor die... And they are meant to be a Christian country too.... (weird how it is the left that is closest to the teachings on...The right would just let the poor die... And they are meant to be a Christian country too.... (weird how it is the left that is closest to the teachings on Jesus...) Selfish bastardsmore2012-07-30T08:35:27.997Z
- souvenirInteresting that so many think the US system gets superior results for the amount it costs (especially based on articles from the Daily Mail!) when research...Interesting that so many think the US system gets superior results for the amount it costs (especially based on articles from the Daily Mail!) when research clearly shows that the cost is rising rapidly for US citizens without a commensurate increase in positive outcomes compared to other systems. http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publications/Issue-Briefs/2011/Jul/US-Health-System-in-Perspective.aspx http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Guardian/documents/2011/08/07/JRSMpaperPritWall.pdf http://www.kaiseredu.org/issue-modules/us-health-care-costs/background-brief.aspx http://ehbs.kff.org/pdf/7790.pdf . Oh, and let's not forget what else the Daily Mail had to say about the Olympics: botherer.org/2012/07/28/the-daily-mail-and-how-an-nhs-death-means-racism-is-fine/more2012-07-30T08:04:10.767Z
- David BarryComplaining about "socialist" medicine while the US is always praising it's socialist military /shrug2012-07-29T18:31:32.856Z
- Robot MikeThese people haven't a clue! The NHS is fantastic in the UK. How can anyone think the possibility of getting into thousands of dollars of debt over an...These people haven't a clue! The NHS is fantastic in the UK. How can anyone think the possibility of getting into thousands of dollars of debt over an unexpected trip to the hospital is better than free universal healthcare. I've used the NHS many times and they have been fantastic and not one piece of '1940s' equipment. When my mum had a heart attack they were outstanding. The NHS is something all Brits should be proud of and celebrate, hopefully it gave a kick up the ass to the people to realise how precious it is and how we need to stop David Cameron from fucking with it more2012-07-29T17:44:18.667Z
- Ian WilliamsDear USA, Not everything is about you, signed Rest Of the World2012-07-29T17:18:54.383Z