- — Laura Bellingan (@socbiopol)Wed, Mar 14 2012 02:43:21Speaker Bercow welcoming and encouraging young scientists at #VOF2012 a signal event in science & engineering week. MPs assembling now
- — Mark Downs (@MarkatSocBiol)Wed, Mar 14 2012 02:50:38
- — BrPharmacologicalSoc (@BritPharmSoc)Wed, Mar 14 2012 02:55:52Greatest challenge as science minister was early months of coalition - persuading colleagues that science funding was important #vof2012
- Q. When the scientific advice varies from the political what weight will be given to scientific advice?
- — Mark Downs (@MarkatSocBiol)Wed, Mar 14 2012 02:54:14Willetts argues democracy means homeopathic NHS spend OK as many want it. Some want expensive drugs too! What about evidence? #VOF2012
- Q. What role should Learned Societies play in science policy?
- Q. What are the Government's research priorities?
- — Rebecca Nesbit (@RebeccaNesbit)Thu, Mar 22 2012 03:59:19Haldane principle = the idea that research funding decisions should be made by researchers rather than politicians
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.