JCSU Celebrates Homecoming 2012 With a Win Over St. Augustine's University
The Johnson C Smith University football team set some historical marks with their 27-21 Homecoming victory over Saint Augustine’s University on Saturday afternoon at the Irwin Belk Complex.
- JCSU's victory over St. Augustine's University topped off a week-long of Homecoming events that lead up to the activities of Saturday, October 27. Smithites from across the country returned to their alma mater to celebrate "The Smith Way" and remember their college days on the campus of JCSU.
- The thing I love about being a Smithite...went to the waffle house & a TON of us were in there & I didnt know them.. But we were all just chilling & talking...a WSSU Ram came in & as we were introducing ourselves..the Ram was like I thought y'all knew each other already! All of the Smithites said in unison "it's just that Smithite love yo!" #foreveragoldenbull
- The city of Charlotte joined in JCSU's Homecoming celebration when the Duke Energy Building lit up the skyline with the university's signature Gold and Blue.
- Friday's pep rally lit the fire of anticipation of things to come over the weekend.
- When Saturday arrived, the excitement on campus was palpable. Community members, faculty and staff, students and alumni gathered along Beatties Ford Road in anticipation of the annual Homecoming Parade to kick off the events of the day.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.