Shot@Life Birthday Bash
Join us in celebrating Shot@Life's 1st birthday during World Immunization Week. Grab your party hat and join our Birthday Bash – a 3-day celebration of Shot@Life’s first year through blogs.
It's officially World Immunization Week, and Shot@Life, the UN Foundation organization that I am proud to be a part of, is hosting a #birthdaybash! Shot@Life Champions have been paired with one other as part of a getting-to-know-you mixer, and I've had the pleasure of connecting with Anastasia Dellaccio, a blogger, co-owner of Dolci Gelati, UN communications representative, and mom of two beautiful kids.
- What is a Champion? Most people will automatically think of an athlete, muscular and showered with medals. The truth is champions are all this and more. Meet Holly Pavlika! She is more than just a Mom, savvy business woman, and entrepreneur. She is a Champion for Shot@Life and speaks for those without a voice!
- "The Shot@Life Champions are a group of the movement's strongest advocates and leaders. These men and women are given training on media, advocacy, and event planning so that they can better share the information about Shot@Life with their own community and their community's community! I was excited to meet my Champion, Raymond Liou, [a fourth-year student at UCLA] and I hope that you will enjoy his story as well."- Bridget Ivey
- An inaugural Shot@Life Champion (from the first Shot@Life summit), Kyla is Senior Editor of World Moms Blog. In recognition of World Immunization Week and in celebration of the official launch of the Shot@Life campaign, Kyla shares the birthday wish of our Shot@Life Champion, Courtney Diesel O'Donnell.
- Blogger, Candy Olivares, and Shot@Life Champion, Nicole Morgan, both attended Blissdom'13 this year. Lucky for us, they've connected to join in our Birthday Bash! Check out Candypolooza's post featuring Nicole Morgan, from Sisters From Another Mister blog. Read about the service of advocacy she is passing to her daughters, and how her her oldest daughter Wiki is already following in her mother’s footsteps in advocacy.
- "I've interviewed Champion Cindy Levin in a two part blog post discussing her trip to Uganda and what she's doing to help children across the world survive through immunizations." - Krystal Hurst, The T-Shirt Mama
- Shot@Life Champion, Lisa Lightner, is a mom to two that lives in Chester County PA. When not advocating for vaccines, she can be found blogging about special needs on A Day in our Shoes. Wishing Shot@Life a Happy 1st Birthday, she shares the story of Champion Jessica Cohen.
- Today, I have the honor of helping celebrate Shot@Life's 1st birthday bash by interviewing one of the Champions. Adrian Gentilcore, who blogs at Adrian's Crazy Life is a wife, mother and grandmother and holds down a full-time job while running her own small business. Adrian lives a very full life and still makes time to advocate for a good cause. I had the chance to interview her about being a Shot@Life Champion and what she has learned so far.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.