The Oscars Liveblog
ShortFormBlog's live coverage of the online happenings of tonight's Oscars ceremony. Follow for some awesome coverage.
- Tonight's Oscars, no longer at the Kodak Theater, certainly doesn't feel like a dogfight (with many of the major categories expected to be won by "The Artist" and "The Help"), but it doesn't mean it won't be any fun. I'll be covering the fun side of tonight's Oscars over here. Storify what?
- We wish we would've gotten Tom Hanks at our party.
- Seacrest: Nailed by Sacha Baron Cohen, who moonlighted as The Dictator at tonight's ceremony and dumped a ton of ashes on our boy, supposedly those of Kim Jong-Il.
- Anyway, Billy Crystal's musical introduction got early mocking reviews:
- And Tom Hanks rocked the facial hair:
- And the jokes about how terrible Billy Crystal is (and the montages are) continue:
- And there was a little trouble with some of the dresses. Jennifer Lopez's specifically.
- The best foreign language film, announced by a German-accented, Chinese-speaking Sandra Bullock, was won by the Iranian film "A Separation," which was a great moment … albeit one that we could see sparking uninformed controversy.
- But the night's best early moment goes to Octavia Spencer, who won Best Supporting Actress. Lots of crying. Very emotional. However, Billy Crystal killed it by making an edgy joke afterwards. Alas.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.