Irish anger at Mauritius aired on Twitter
After a Mauritian court found two hotel workers innocent of the murder of Michaela McAreavey, many Irish people took to the internet to show their anger and support.
After the Verdict, many Irish people felt that there had been an injustice done
- — jack srfc (@_JTD25_)Thu, Jul 12 2012 18:25:28Still astonished them two cunts got away with Murdering that McAreavey Girl in Mauritius never had a good feeling about there justice system
- — Anthony Hart (@anthonyhart1109)Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:51:10Just seen those people in Mauritius celebrate after being cleared of murder. Show some dignity for fuck's sake
Some advocated for a Boycott
- — Steven McCabe (@lancyhoops)Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:50:48
- — Colin Griffin (@colingriffin)Fri, Jul 13 2012 05:26:34
- — ollie coyle (@olliecoyle)Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:51:23
- — Jonathan Courtenay (@johnnycourtenay)Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:51:01
- — Jamie Quinn (@JamieQuinn21)Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:50:34
Some defended Mauritius
- — Niamh Ní Mhurchú (@itsmeniamh)Fri, Jul 13 2012 02:55:00What is wrong with Irish people? Sayin Mauritius is a disgrace!What about all the ppl who have died in Oz/US-are u never going there again?
- — Stephanie Fleming (@Stephanenny)Thu, Jul 12 2012 16:02:14For the love of fuck, anyone else seen that muppet speaking "on behalf of the Irish people" on the Mauritius Facebook page? #embarassment
- — Niamh Ní Mhurchú (@itsmeniamh)Fri, Jul 13 2012 02:56:49This is just disgraceful! Irish people - STOP TALKING! http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/07/13/meanwhile-on-the-mauritius-facebook-page/ …t.ie/2012/07/13/meanwhile-on-the-mauritius-facebook-page/
And some simply said that we weren't much better
- — John 'Trips' Gallen (@TheTrips)Fri, Jul 13 2012 04:52:02The idiot bandwagon is on a roll over on the #Mauritius FB page. Police incompetence is here too. U cant blame a whole country! RIP Michaela
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!