World Towns Leadership Summit 2016
15 & 16 June 2016 | Edinburgh, Scotland
- On 15th & 16th June 2016 Scotland hosted a unique global gathering for 200 leading urbanists, planners, economists and practitioners from across the world to discuss the alliances and approaches required to develop and achieve a strong competitive economy combined with a fairer, more equal society in a fast moving 21st Century.
This report captures presentations, discussion, Tweets and images from the Summit. A full set of presentations from both days can be found here.
If you attended WTLS16 - remember that you can collect Continuing Professional Development Points from the Institute of Place Management!
Points are available for those who attended on either or both days and for attending the Study Tours to either Glasgow or Edinburgh. Email Rebecca Mather, firstname.lastname@example.org for your Certificate and more information.
- World Towns Leadership Summit Day 1
Angela Constance. Cabinet Secretary for Communities, Social Security and Equalities
- Setting the Scene with Ross Martin
Andrew Kerr Chief Executive, City of Edinburgh Council
Michael Smith, Chair, International Downtown Association
Professor Leigh Sparks, Chair, Scotland's Towns Partnership
- Getting down to business - Shaping the Agreement
Neil McInroy, Chief Executive, Centre for Local Economic Strategies
Diarmaid Lawlor, Director of Urbanism, Architecture and Design Scotland
- The Shrinking State and New Economies - Michael Shuman, economist | View Presentation
Better Places, Sustainably Connected - Tina Saaby, Chief City Architect Copenhagen